2015 Font de la Figuera Priorat
Priorat being close to the ancient Roman capital of the Iberian Peninsula, Tarraco, ( Tarragona of today), it is no surprise that vineyards have existed in the region for more than 2000 years. It is believed that many of the surviving terraces were initially built by the Romans.
During the middle ages the entire region was dominated by the Carthusian monks at the monastery of Scala Dei, the prior of Scala Dei exercised his authority over 7 villages, hence the name Priorat. The monks controlled the local economy and all cultivations. Apart from the vine this included olive trees, almonds and hazel nuts. Not much else can grow in the poor schistous soils of this Mediterranean enclave.
• 65% Grenache (vines are approximately 15-18 years).
• 20% Carignan (vines are approximately 15-18 years).
• 20% Syrah, Mourvedre and Cabernet Sauvignon (vines are approximately 15-18 years).
• Red wine ripe cherry color with bright violet rim denoting youth yet. Clean and good tear formation.
• Very present wild red fruit, some touches of toast and smoked well integrated.
• The entry is fresh, gourmand and elegant with a lingering in the mouth. A properly structured wine.
Grenache, Carignan, Syrah
An adult signature is required upon delivery, so please keep that in mind when shipping this gift to friends, family and peers.
There is no minimum.
Bottles are in perfect condition.